Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Staying Focused



The H-Team has been in Amman for almost 4 months now, and I am throughly enjoying my time here. Serving at the Amman Baccalaureate School has opened the door to many wonderful opportunities. I am working with the Finance Department and assisting the Vice Principal; I have also been coaching volleyball and helping with the drama production. As of Friday, the 3rd of December I coached my last volleyball game, and the drama production was completed. 
Amanda, Janeann (Drama
Head), & Stella


I now find myself thinking about what I have learned from working with the drama students for 3 months and coaching eight 7th and 8th grade girls. Many things come to mind, but one in particular, staying focused. Over the months of coaching volleyball I would tell the girls to stay focused on the game, on the ball, or playing as a team and together we would say "3, 2, 1, focus". During drama rehearsals I would tell the students they needed to focus on their part, and pay attention to what was going on, on stage.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to coach volleyball and help with the drama production. 
Girls Volleyball Team @ Tournament




Where does that leave me? I'm now asking the questions, am I focused? Am I staying focused on the reasons I came here and the job I came to do? Am I staying focused on the goals set for this project? I have had so many amazing experiences since I've been here; seeing Jordan, visiting Beirut, making new friends, learning about the culture, working with the students, and the list goes on. There have also been some tests and trials along the way, but I tell myself God never gives you something you can't handle, stay focused. Remember why I am  hear and stay focused on the goal. 


Until Next Time 
~ Stella

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Stella for this post. You are doing a tremendous service and being a wonderful example.
    Reggie

    ReplyDelete